Monday, February 23, 2009

Smile Pinki Won Oscar For Documentary Short

SmilePinki
SMILE PINKI

Megan Mylan

ACCEPTANCE SPEECH

Wow! Oh, to be in a room with all this talent. Lucky me, and to tell stories for a living, lucky me. And to have a family and friends who love me and my movies totally unconditionally. Documentary, like all filmmaking, is a complete team sport, and I'd like to thank my editor Purcell Carson, cinematographers Nick Doob and Jon Shenk, field producer Nandini Rajwade and from HBO Sheila Nevins and Lisa Heller. The same magic that happens in our film happens every day for children with clefts all around the world because of a terrific organization called the Smile Train. But most importantly for documentary filmmakers it's our subjects. The incredible Dr. Subodh and his team, Ghutaru Chauhan and our heroine Pinki Kumari. Thank you, thank you, thank you for letting me tell your inspiring story. What a gift. Thank you all so much.

ACADEMY AWARDS HISTORY

This is the first Academy Award nomination for Megan Mylan.

NOMINEES LIST:

THE CONSCIENCE OF NHEM EN

THE FINAL INCH

SMILE PINKI

THE WITNESS - FROM THE BALCONY OF ROOM 306

And also check:

Oscar Winners

0 comments:

Popcorn - Fresh Every Day